Friday, September 5, 2008

Carrie Romney

Sorry I forgot to add to the blog last month. It totally slipped my mind. August came and went very quickly. Like usual I am having a hard time remembering everything that took place. A few weeks ago, I quit my job at the marketing company. Things weren't going well, and I was more frustrated all the time then I was enjoying the job. Since I was just on a commission basis, it wasn't too hard to leave. So now I am just working at Missionary Mall and teaching a Spanish class Monday and Wednesday evening. My class has 8 adults in it that are learning for their professions or just for fun. The ones that are in it for the fun are starting to realize that learning a foreign language isn't really considered fun. It can be very confusing and takes a lot of work to learn. I try to make the class fun and not overwhelm them too much. I admire their ambition because I don't how I would have learned Spanish if I wasn't living in a foreign country and had to learn to speak to eat and live. I was passionate about learning the language and still enjoy the opportunities I have to use it. I really enjoy teaching. So now I am back to trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up. I may go back into marketing, but I am feeling more ambitious to try something new. After 10 months of dating, Curt and I broke up...for good this time, I believe. The first 3-4 months were amazing. We were super in love with each other and wanted to get married, and then he freaked out. We first ended the marriage planning towards the end of March when we broke up for about a week. Then we got back together and for the past 5 months the relationship was one giant roller coaster. There were some really good times when it seemed we were going to make it work and then some really low times when Curt would become unsure about his feelings for me and his desire to marry me. We had really good communication and talked about all his doubts and concerns, but I finally realized the emotional tear the ups and downs were having on me. We had one last long discussion, and I told him that I wanted him to make a decision and be committed to it. So he decided he didn't want the relationship anymore (Not really the response I was hoping for). I am very sad that things didn't work out, but it all ended on a good note and I am grateful for that. More to come next month. Hope you all are doing well.

No comments: