Friday, September 5, 2008

Grandpa & Grandma Romney

Grandpa: I can't believe how fast the months are flying by. August for me was pretty uneventful except some pretty tasking projects at work. I got through them all and am looking forward to visiting Jason's family for Kelsey's baptism. Last month a few of us commented on Grandma Cora's life and the positive effect it had on all of us. Since her death and funeral last month I have been pondering and thinking back on my life and the many experiences that I have had with my family. I am truly grateful for the heritage I have and the legacy of commitment to gospel principles that has helped form my life. Obedience truly brings for the blessings of heaven. I am thankful for the gospel and the foundation it has been for me. I am also very thankful for your mother and grandmother. All good things in my life I tribute to her. She has been such a good influence on me and for each of you. She keeps my in line and is a good support in my church callings and work. I love her very much. We are having a lot of fun "hanging out" with each other and having the ability to do just about anything we want to. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for all that He has given and provided for us.
Love DAD/Grandpa

Grandma:
Wow--How is it possible that another month is gone?! We are leaving Saturday the 6th for Winston-Salem. It will be great to see Jason's family and to attend Kelsey's baptism. We will return home on Sunday the 14th. I finished writing the Primary program and the first rehearsal will be while I am gone. It's really hard to figure out how long it's going to last until you have a full run through--right now that's my biggest worry and I won't know the answer until a week before the program. Dad and I totally loved watching the Olympics and that's how we spent most evenings for a while. Now that I teach literacy in the mornings at work, my day goes by very quickly and it's a real challenge to get my other work done in the remaining hours. I come home totally exhaused so watching TV is very appealing. Chris and Mindy treated us all to a Real Salt Lake Soccer game which was fun. Then last Saturday we met the Dangerfields in Cedar City and saw a couple of plays with them. Sunday we drove to the site of the Mountain Meadows Massacre--really a sad and horrifying event in church history. I now want to read the recent book about it that the church authorized. We drove home Sunday afternoon as Bill and Joanne were in town and coming to spend the night with us. Their lives have really changed now as Joanne's aging parents both live with them and both are experiencing declining health. Joanne has had to really cut back on her floral business as caring for her parents consumes so much of her time. I have taken Nanny to the ER twice this month with uncontrollable nose bleeds. The first time they coterized (sp.??) it and that lasted almost two weeks. Last night, actually early this morning,they had to pack it with a balloon thing that they then pump air into so it will put pressure on the spot. I guess that's pretty uncomfortable but she has to leave it there until Sunday and then go back to the hospital and have it removed. I'm just afraid it will start bleeding again while I'm gone so I hope I can get her into an ENT on Monday. The good news is that we did manage to finalize the sale of the Logan house--Joe and Amy will continue to live there until Joe finishes school in December. I think we'll be glad we sold it when we did. Have a great September everyone!! Love, Mom (Grandma)

No comments: