Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Carrie Romney

Living with Mindy and Chris definitely livened up Halloween for me this year. Towards the beginning of October, I helped Mindy decorate her front room to look like a castle. It looks really cool, but it was a little bit of a project. On Mindy's birthday we went to a haunted house. I couldn't remember the last time I had gone to a haunted house. Probably sometime in high school. It was pretty fun. On Halloween night, I went to a party with some friends at a cabin in Millcreek Canyon. I went to the same party last year and had a lot more fun then. I think because I knew more people there last year. But the night before I went, I asked Chris and Mindy if they had any costume ideas, and they proceeded to list about 6-8 costumes that they had. That sure made it easy on me. Towards the end of September and the beginning of October, I went on some hikes in the canyons to see the leaves. Here are some pictures. The last time I went was right before the first snow fall and the leaves were beautiful, but for some reason those pictures didn't save to my camera:( I have recently started a couple new projects. I have started teaching private Spanish lessons. I first started with a friend of mine and I haven't been charging her. At first she seemed really excited to learn but she hasn't been very studious so she is not progressing very quickly. Starting next week, I have my first paying students. They seem pretty excited to learn. They were in my class at the language academy and after class one night they asked me if I would be interested in teaching them privately. Since I have been teaching at the school, I have come up with some ideas for more effective ways to teach a foreign language; so I am excited to test my ideas out and see if they really work. I also have been trying to teach myself to transpose music on the piano. I took a class in college where I first learned about transposing music. But haven't done much with it since then. During the past few years, I have done a little composing on the piano. My new goal is to put a key change in the next piece I arrange. Transposing seems to be more mental than anything. When I get done practicing, my brain hurts.



No comments: